The account you set up with Tibit to purchase bundles of tibs
Activities as defined in the schedule of prohibited
Information provided by users, to set up an account
Activities permissable within certain limits only
tibbing, website, newsletter registration
Tibit website or tibbing services
Agreement of the conditions applied to the use of Tibit services
Us, we, our, company
Anyone using the Tibit site, signing-up for newsletters, emails or tibbing services
Schedule of prohibited activities
You are prohibited from using or causing to be used the Services, Tibit, the Website or any of Tibit’s intellectual property in relation to the following activities:
- Violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, contract, regulation, or international treaties in your, or our, or the tibbee’s jurisdiction (if known);
- Any form of gambling;
- Trade in automated tibbing;
- Purchase physical goods;
- Financial services;
- Conduct high frequency, repetitious tibbing;
- Encourage users to choose the lowest value of individual tibs;
- Requiring multi-tib transactions to allow access to content.
We are in the UK, so UK data laws apply.
If we change this policy, the date above will be updated.
Some of the things we collect are personal. We won’t use this data for marketing, except as anonymised statistics. We won’t let anyone who isn’t working for us use it. We may reveal some things on yourbehalf when you use our tibbing services, if you have explicitly authorised us; for example, if you want us to update your social media when you tib.
Consent to transfer personal data
Tibit and our services are hosted and operated in the United Kingdom. Your personal data will therefore be transferred to, and processed in, the United Kingdom where the privacy laws may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in your home country. By using the Tibit services, and providing us with any personal data, you consent to the transfer of your information to, and processing in, the United Kingdom.
What personal information does Tibit collect about you?
We collect information from you in various ways when you use the services. For example, we collect information:
- that you voluntarily provide to us (such as when you send us an email or update your account details);
- that you allow us to access, including information from third parties; and
- when you make transactions via the tibbing services.
The information we collect may include:
- any access credentials;
- up-to-date contact information, such as , your name, email, and other similar information;
- financial information, you give us when you use Tibit’s services, or make transactions via the services;
- information about the sites to which you make donations and/or payments.
- technical information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring website, and your activity with the services.
- certain logistical information in server logs, including information about how you use various features of the services and information about the number, frequency and length of each session.
To operate the services we store small data files called cookies on the hard drive of your computer. Among other things, cookies help us improve the services and your experience. If we link cookies to any personally identifying information,we will treat this information as personal information. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer toyour browser manufacturer to learn about these functions. However, if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this will restrict our ability to provide you with the services.
How do we use your information?
We do not use or disclose your personal information except as described in this Policy. In support of these uses, we may use or share your personal information:
- to send you an email, or otherwise contact you directly, to respond to your enquiry;
- with vendors, consultants, and other 3rd parties (e.g. vendors, hosting partners) who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the development or operation of the services and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you through the services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- to enforce or apply this Policy, the terms, or our other policies or agreements; and
- to communicate with you relating to your interaction with the services.
We will not use your personal information to send you marketing messages, unless you explicitly ask us to do so.
We may access your personal information if we believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); or,
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety and welfare of Tibit users, or members of the public.
How do we secure and protect your personal information?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of commercially reasonable security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure.
Sensitive personal information such as passwords and details of your payment methods is encrypted if stored on our servers.
What information is shared with third parties?
We know how important it is to keep the information that you have entrusted to us confidential.
We will not rent or sell personal information about you to third parties. We will only share it when this is to provide you with the service you request, or under the circumstances described below.
Tibit may be acquired by another business. With these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. We would request any such business entity to honour the terms of this Policy.
For how long do we retain your information?
We will retain your contact information submitted through the services for as long as necessary to respond to your enquiry or support request. You may request to have your account deleted and yourcontact information removed from our servers by emailing us at email@example.com
Where can you find changes to this policy?
This policy may be revised from time to time as we add new features and services, as laws change, and as industry privacy and security best practices evolve. We display a “Last Revised” date in the upper left corner of this policy so that it will be easier for you to know when there has been a change. If we make any material change to this policy regarding use or disclosure of personal information, wewill notify you either by providing prominent advance notice on the services or by sending you a notification directly. We encourage you to review this policy periodically to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information that we collect. Small changes or changes that do not significantly affect individual privacy interests may be made at any time and without prior notice. Yourcontinued use of the services constitutes your agreement to this policy and any updates.
Who do i contact with questions about this policy?
We welcome your comments regarding this policy. If you have questions about this policy or believe that we have not adhered to it, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions of service
We need information from you to operate Tibit, you must keep this up-to-date. You are responsible for anything that happens using your Tibit account.
We have no control over tibbees. Please use the reporting feature to draw our attention to anything that concerns you. We do not promise to take any particular action when you report a tibbee.
You warrant that you will not use Tibit for anything on our Prohibited List; we reserve the right to not forward tib payments to any tibbee if we suspect that they are using Tibit for prohibited activities.
We use captcha, rates and limits to prevent suspected restricted or prohibited use.
tibs are converted into bitcoin after you confirm them. There is a variable delay before tibs are disbursed to tibbees; so currency fluctuations can result in the tibbee getting more or less than the value youspend.
Stuff happens, we undertake to try and prevent it, but you accept that we are not liable if things go wrong with your tibs.
Please read these terms of service carefully. By accessing or using Tibit and any content or services provided by us , you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions described herein and all terms incorporated by reference. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions, do not use Tibit, our applications, or any services provided by us .
Tibit terms and conditions agreement
The Tibit site and the service are owned and operated by TIBDIT LIMITED , a United Kingdom limited company (number 08685681). This applies to your use of Tibit’s service to make donations or payments and are accessed by you under these terms which outline your obligations when using the Tibit service. The service includes, but is not limited to, your use of the Tibit website, tib-enabled sites, including any software that may be added to websites, any services related to the functionality of code, or anything else related to the processing of payments through Tibit’s platform. If you are using Tibit and the services on behalf of an entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept the terms on such entity’s behalf, and that such entity agrees to indemnify you and Tibit for violations of the terms. Any rights granted to you as a tibber are not carried-over to any use as a tibbee.
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the terms or any policy or guideline at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon us sending an email. Your continued use of the services following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the services. If you do not agree to the amended terms, you must stop using the services.
If you have any questions regarding the use of the services, please email us at email@example.com
Tibit helps you make small payments to third parties, as access fees or donations. Tibit is an independent contractor for all purposes, and is not your agent or trustee. Tibit does not have control of, or liability for, any third party content or services provided via the Tibit services. We do not guarantee the identity of any tibber or tibbee, nor does Tibit warrant that a tibber or tibbee will complete a transaction.
Information provided by you
In order to take advantage of Tibit services, as a tibber, you must create an account, and provide login credentials and other account information.
We may only require certain information to be provided in certain situations. You agree to maintain and promptly update the registration data, and any other information you provide to Tibit, in order to keep it accurate, current and complete.
You agree to
- maintain the security of any passwords or other credentials;
- accept all risks of unauthorized access to the services, your data and any other information you provide to Tibit.
You are responsible for safeguarding any password or any other credentials that you use to access the services and for any activities or actions under your account. Tibit cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
In connection with your use of Tibit and the services, you agree that you will not:
- Breach these terms;
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (for example, those governing financial services, consumer protections, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- Infringe Tibit’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy;
- Operate multiple Tibit accounts;
- Knowingly send fraudulently obtained funds;
- Act in a manner that is defamatory, trade libellous, threatening or harassing;
- Provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- Use the Tibit services in a manner that results in complaints, disputes, claims, fees, fines, penalties or other liability to Tibit, other tibbers, third parties or yourself;
- Perform any actions that causes Tibit to lose or become liable for, in whole or in part, the services of our internet service providers, financial or other suppliers or partners.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- facilitate any viruses, trojans, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Information; use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our website without our prior written permission; or use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers, or interfere or attempt to interfere with our website or the Tibit services;
- Circumvent any Tibit policy or determinations about your account such as temporary or indefinite suspensions or other account holds, limitations or restrictions, including, but not limited to, engaging in the following actions:
- attempting to create new or additional Tibit account(s) when an account has been restricted, suspended or otherwise limited; creating new or additional Tibit accounts using information that is not your own (e.g. email address, etc.); or using someone else’s Tibit account;
- Harass our employees, agents, tibbees, or other tibbers.
Actions by Tibit in response to restricted or prohibited activities
If Tibit, in its sole discretion, believes that you may have engaged in any restricted or prohibited activities, we may take various actions to protect Tibit, other third parties, or you from liability. The actions we may take include but are not limited to the following:
- close, suspend, or limit your access to your account or the Tibit services;
- impose a captcha, limit the rate of your tibs by value or volume, or deploy other technical mechanisms for each tib, to prevent suspected prohibited use;
- contact you and/or warn other tibbers, law enforcement, or impacted third parties of your actions;
- update inaccurate Information you provided us;
- withhold payment from you to tibbees;
- refuse to provide the Tibit services to you in the future;
- claim damages or take other legal action against you;
- commence an investigation into your account (and levy any investigation fees)
- reverse or hold any relevant tib(s) for an indeterminate period of time; freeze your funds if reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability or loss;
- charge you an administration fee in the event that we apply any of the above; and
- take action by order or recommendation of the UK police, or any relevant governmental or regulatory authority
Refunds and tibber liability
For disputes or concerns about specific tibbees or tibs, you should contact the tibbee directly and report it using the Tibit onsite reporting function. Tibit is not responsible for resolving any and all disputes and concerns regarding tibbees use of Tibit services.
Volatility of bitcoin
You acknowledge that the price for bitcoin is volatile and that the value of bitcoin will fluctuate, and that there will be a delay after your tib value is converted to bitcoin before it is forwarded to the tibbee.
Trademarks, copyright and license usage
The Tibit name, logos and slogans contained are trademarks of Tibit and its suppliers or licensors. You may not use any name, trademark or product or service name of Tibit without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the services, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of Tibit and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission.
Tibit may grant rights to use our trademarks for specific purposes as notified on the Tibit website.
All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos made available via the services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
Unless otherwise indicated, the services and all content and other materials made available via the services, including, but not limited to, our logo and information, data, software and the selection and arrangement thereof are the proprietary property of Tibit or our licensors or tibbers and are protected by UK, EU, and international copyright laws.
If you are using Tibit software, that we have purposefully made available, then Tibit grants you a revocable, non-exclusive license to use Tibit’s software in accordance with the documentation. This license grant includes the software and all updates, upgrades, new versions and replacement software.
You must comply with the implementation and use requirements contained in all Tibit documentation accompanying the Tibit services. If you do not comply with Tibit’s implementation and use requirements, you will be liable for all resulting damages suffered by you, Tibit and third parties. Tibit may change or discontinue any Application Programming Interface (API) upon notice to you. Youacknowledge that all rights, title and interest to Tibit’s software are owned by Tibit.
You agree, at your sole expense, to defend, indemnify and hold us, our independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all actual or threatened suits, actions, proceedings (at law or in equity), claims, damages, payments, deficiencies, fines, judgments, settlements, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney fees, costs, penalties, interest and disbursements) caused by, arising out of, resulting from, attributable to or in any way incidental to: (i) your use of theservices; or (ii) your violation of the terms or your violation of the rights of any third party.
The Tibit services are provided “as is” and without any representation of warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. Tibit, and the officers, directors, agents, joint venturers, employees and suppliers of Tibit, specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Tibit does not have any control over any content or services that are paid for through the services and Tibit cannot ensure that a tibbee you are dealing with will actually complete any transaction or is authorized to do so. Tibit does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to any part of the services, and operation of our site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of ourcontrol.
Limitation of liability
In so far as the law permits, in no event will Tibit, its directors, members, employees or agents be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profits or loss of data, whether in an action in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or relating to the content accessed through it, any hyperlinks and/or the services, including but not limited to, any damages caused by or resulting from reliance by a user on any information obtained from Tibit, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files or email, errors, defects, viruses, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance, regardless of the cause.
In no event will the aggregate liability of Tibit, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence, whether active, passive or imputed), product liability, strict liability or other theory, arising out of or relating to references to your use of the Tibit services, third party services or content by third parties, any hyperlinks and/or the services exceed any compensation you pay, if any, to Tibit for access to or use of Tibit or the services.
The provisions of the terms, including terms incorporated by reference, are severable. In the event that a provision is found to be illegal, unenforceable or invalid by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, it will not affect the legality, enforceability or validity of the remaining provisions of the terms.
Where you have used the reporting function to notify us of a complaint, you should note that if you knowingly misrepresent in your notification that tibbable material or activity is infringing, you will be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, costs and lawyers’ fees, incurred by us or the alleged infringer as the result of our relying upon such misrepresentation in preventing payment for the material claimed to be infringing.
Applicable law and venue
The terms and your use of Tibit will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within England, without resort to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to the terms will be filed only in the courts located in England and Wales and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action or proceeding arising out of the terms.
Tibit, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate these terms, access to its website, or block or prevent future access to the Tibit services for any reason and at any time upon notice to you, by email, and refund to you of any funds, less any administration costs held in your balance.